 Gaming / Starship / 922
Re: Intro Sector Idea
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming.starship
Date:
Sun, 27 Jan 2008 19:12:09 GMT

In lugnet.gaming.starship, John Maxwell wrote:
   Very well. I think five days is adequate time to wait for replies before replying to my own post.

Evidently, this group isn’t currently active. With that in mind, I’d like to post a notification here, to all interested parties, advising that I am exploring the possibility of starting a new Lego-based RPG based on Sector 62 and Starship. I encourage anyone who has an interest in joining me in this endeavor to contact me, either here (I would prefer here, as this is readily available and visible to the entire Lugnet community) or at the forums currently being established for my faction, at www.crayven.net/darkage.

Hi John!

I wish I could say otherwise, but no this group has not been very active over the past two years. Everyone involved (myself included) were slowly pulled away for “real life” during the year or two before that. I myself have been experiencing a “Dim Age” with the hobby, and though I would love to be involved, I cannot yet promise the level of reliability I offered when Starhip was new.

That said, I do know a few Starshippers still lurk out there, and I have been saving email addresses of one or two other players that have expressed interest in joining if anything starts up again.

Also, both my front pages to the game and Richard Parsons’ ship registry are still active websites. I spoke by email to Richard just over a year ago and he said he was more than willing to keep his part of the site up - though I don’t know what level of commitment he can give to updating, changing, or maintaining it.

Currently, his site includes all the ships that were in the game two or three years ago. If the game does go for a “reboot”, I wonder if that database should be wiped and restarted, or if it should stay as-is and just be added to for new players. (I like the latter idea, as it would give the impression that the galaxy is well populated.)

Also, the Sector Registry and map (maintained on my site), most likely would need updating, as only sectors with active members running as SM’s should be open to travel.

-Hendo

(Stick a “j” in front of my email address shown on Lugnet to contact me directly.)