 Gaming / 432
Subject:
My Brickfest Pirate Game Pictures
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming
Date:
Fri, 23 Jun 2000 08:01:33 GMT

Ok, I've uploaded my Pirate Game pictures to here:

A brief description of each picture:

pgame-01:

Here we are on turn 2 I think. Around the room clockwise starting in the upper left are Stephen Roberts, Abe Friedman, Jameson,
Lindsay Braun, Tim Coutney, Shiri Dori, and Mike Shamus in the center. You can see part of Jacky Lynch and Chris Week's legs. Andy
Lynch and Jeff Stembel are out of the picture (but that's Jeff's ship in the lower left). Wanda and Colin are captaining (and 1st
mating in the case of Colin - no, not his first time with a woman you dirty minded person, Colin is the 1st Mate) the Rusty Bucket
which is just above Jeff's ship, also heading towards Skull Island.

You can see how nice the LEGO range sticks look in the pictures.

Just above Skull Island, you can see Weather Island, which utilized Chris's playground. In front of Stephen is Dino Island (island
also supplied by Chris, Dino's by myself). To the left of Stephen is the 6277 Imperial Trading Post. Between Stephen and Abe is the
pirate base (6279). Behind Jameson is a neutral port, with Shiri's inn. Right in front of Lindsay is 6276 Eldorado Fortress. Mike
and Tim are converging on a treasure island. Behind Mike is a native outpost. Between Mike and Skull Island is another treasure
island. Another neutral port is between Jackie and Jeff off the left side of the picture. Another pirate base is near Shiri, and
Stephen Cambel's Imperial base will show up in front (well in back of Hurricane Shiri).

Shiri's ship, the Helfarrr, captained by Cap'n Scarrrr, is trying to chase down the Imperial merchant ship, but due to a favorable
wind it will escape to the fog (I was also estimating distances so who knows if it got a slight extra tailwind or not).

pgame-02:

Now we pan to the left of the room a bit. From left to right are Nathan McDowell's legs (he will later take over Colin and Wanda),
Jeff Stembel, Jackie Lynch, Andy Lynch, Chris Weeks, Stephen Roberts, Abe, and Mike's legs. Now you can see the neutral port in
front of Andy. This picture is also at turn 2.

pgame-03:

Tim's ship has docked at the treasure island. Mike's ship is heading there also.

pgame-04:

Lindsay's ship, the good cutter Deadly Bumblebee, with Cap'n Quigon L'Effete at the helm, passes by Jameson's ship and they exchange
fire. Lindsay's ship is the blue and yellow cutter. Note a small island with an alter of some sort and a spider guarding it.

pgame-05:

The Rusty Bucket and Jeff's ship close on Skeleton Island. The Rusty Bucket is the ship on the right.

pgame-06:

Tim and Mike engage some islanders who came out to defend the treasure. The Helfarrr is still trying to catch the merchantman.

pgame-07:

The Deadly Bumblebee passes a native outpost.

pgame-08:

Cap'n Quigon surveys the seas over a rum and coke (well, the rum was a little weak, perhaps it was just a coke [whatever that is,
tastes like bilge water  with a bit of sugar in it]....).

pgame-09:

Chris's, Stephen Roberts's, and Abe's ships close in on Dino Island. Note the emergency cutters made from two Belville rowboats back
to back with a mast, cannon, and a few bricks and plates. The one on the left is Chris's while the one on the right is Abe's.
Stephen supplied his own cutter. Abe's ship has just felled the mighty T-Rex.

pgame-10:

The crew of the Rusty Bucket fire for effect, dismantling 3 skeletons on the first volley. Marksman Colin (in the green suit and
blue cap) proved quite a good shot (he did after all get his start as a trapper up in the Canadian woods [I gave many of the players
bonuses which were in some way tied to who they were, one of the possible bonuses is American which gives a +2 with muskets]). Wanda
can be seen in the pirate hat in the back. Jeff's ship also fired a volley of personal fire, and every shot missed, or passed
harmlessly through the skeletons (it's hard hitting them bones).

pgame-11:

The crews jump out onto land. Note that Jeff's ship is captained by the forest wench. Two of her crew have been throttled by
skeletons. One of Wanda's crew has also been throttled. At this point, we are at turn 7 or so I think.

pgame-12:

A nice overhead shot of Skeleton Island. Note that a skeleton has boarded the Rusty Bucket and slain a crewman.

pgame-13:

Meanwhile, over at Dino Island, one of Chris's crew ventured onto land and discovered how nasty crocs are. Notice that the
Pterodactyls have taken wing. They were strafing ships and trying to capture crew. One of them eventually did capture a man off
Chris's ship.

Unfortunately, that's the last picture I took. I'll have to collect other's pictures. I hope someone got a picture of Stephen's
treasure (a huge PINK! chest of silks). I know there's a couple pictures of Shiri's little sister Inbal who eventually took over
Abe's ship. There are also pictures of Captain Quigon capturing a merchant vessel.

Frank