 Gaming / 1961
Re: space battle tactical game?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming
Date:
Tue, 18 Dec 2007 21:52:04 GMT

In lugnet.gaming, Joe Strout wrote:
Hi Wayne,

I've always wanted to try a Lego mircoship game. But my group is a little too
BrikWar oriented to break away (frankly, I love to try something like
Battlestations in Lego; where there's a miniature ship-to-ship combat part and
then a full-interior ship part).

That does sound like fun, though it'd be quite a lot of work to set up.  (Fun
work, of course, but still...)

For a strict ship-to-ship game, I suggest adapting the rules for Full Thrust.
The rules can be simplified--especially if you just use Cinematic Movement--and
are pretty much a d6 affair.

I have been playing Full Thrust for years, it is the only Starship combat game I
play.  I use the old Micro Machine Star Trek ships.  I have over 500 of them.  I
also have a fleet each of the NAC and ESU.  I hav'nt thought of using micro
scale LEGO ships, but they would work.  I am sure once the class of each type of
ship is worked out.  Such as a ship of x number of studs long by x wide is a
cruiser class, etc.

After being familuar with the rules, a fellow gamer worked out a 1 page sheet
that has all the info one needs to play a game.  A worksheet with each class is
filled in and off you go.

-- Don