 Fun / Holiday / * (-5)
new moc: valentine heart
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.fun.holiday
Date:
Sun, 13 Feb 2011 21:54:35 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

all caught up, (wipes hands).

our lug, parlugment, is trying to reinstate building challenges. february’s was obvious. while i’m not fond of cutesy hearts and cupids, i was interested in trying my first 3d sculpture. the heart was an obvious subject, but i dislike building with regular red. thankfully, i had enough dark red to complete the work, and i knew i had to incorporate some kind of ruffled edge.

   for those that love valentine’s day, enjoy. for those that don’t, i apologize in advance.

-deborah higdon-leblond-

Subject:
Santa and his Reindeer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.fun.holiday
Date:
Fri, 19 Dec 2008 03:26:23 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

A few years ago I put LEGO train tracks around my son’s roof towards the ceiling. This year, I made a team of reindeer and a sleigh to run around the tracks. The Santa is an old LEGO set, but the reindeer and sleigh are MOC. I’m not completely satisfied with the sleigh, but really pleased with how the reindeer came out. Next year, I will build an original Santa and hopefully add some LED lights.

I did have to cheat and glue the reindeer necks...The heads would fall off after a couple of trips around the tracks.

One image below, more images here: http://www.octoberturtle.com/lego/reindeer.html

Enjoy.

Re: Christmas Tree design?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.fun.holiday
Date:
Fri, 31 Oct 2008 13:26:40 GMT

In lugnet.fun.holiday, David Laswell wrote:
In lugnet.fun.holiday, Tom Keenan wrote:
Anyone have a good design for a big Christmas tree?  I want to put a tree at
the center of my LEGO Christmas display, so I am looking for one that would
be 20-30 bricks high.  Kind of like a LEGOfeller Center tree.

I've got one that's 19-2/3 bricks tall, and that's built entirely from five
copies of the 10069 Tree set, not counting decorations.  Those include 68x 1x1
round plates in eight different transparent colors and a chrome 5-point crystal.
I haven't posted it to Bricklink yet, and I've only taken it to one or two
shows, so I believe this is the only posted photo at present:

I was thinking about the 10069 tree set and using that basic design.  That
should work...Thanks.

Re: Christmas Tree design?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.fun.holiday
Date:
Tue, 28 Oct 2008 18:15:41 GMT

In lugnet.fun.holiday, Tom Keenan wrote:
Anyone have a good design for a big Christmas tree?  I want to put a tree at
the center of my LEGO Christmas display, so I am looking for one that would
be 20-30 bricks high.  Kind of like a LEGOfeller Center tree.

I've got one that's 19-2/3 bricks tall, and that's built entirely from five
copies of the 10069 Tree set, not counting decorations.  Those include 68x 1x1
round plates in eight different transparent colors and a chrome 5-point crystal.
I haven't posted it to Bricklink yet, and I've only taken it to one or two
shows, so I believe this is the only posted photo at present:

Subject:
Christmas Tree design?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.fun.holiday
Date:
Tue, 28 Oct 2008 02:18:15 GMT

Anyone have a good design for a big Christmas tree?  I want to put a tree at the
center of my LEGO Christmas display, so I am looking for one that would be 20-30
bricks high.  Kind of like a LEGOfeller Center tree.

Redisplay Messages:  Brief | Compact