 Events / NWBrickCon / 233
232  |  234
Subject:
BWBrickCon™ 2004 Draft
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events, lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.us.sealug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.scibrick, lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 23 Sep 2004 04:54:15 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

As hinted at earlier, we are going to have a Draft!

Okay, so what IS a Draft? It is an event where everyone brings one copy of the same (unopened) set. We open the sets, sort the pieces into piles and take turns Drafting the piles of pieces.

The Draft has proved very popular in the last few years at our monthly SEALUG meetings - and is a great way to get multiples of parts one would usually have to buy several sets to acquire.

We have decided to use (and abuse?) the Deep Sea Predators set (#4506,352 pieces) one more time. This is the same set being used for the Speed Build and Master Build contests (http://news.lugnet.com/events/?n=1402). Because we are using this set for the other events, we will waive the unopened condition requirement for this Draft. We still want the set to be complete, though (no pre-drafting).

So, all you Speed and Master Builders (and anyone else who’d like to participate) bring your set to the Draft and we will all be winners.

The Draft is a separate event. There is no requirement for any of the Speed or Master Builders to be in the Draft - this is strictly voluntary! There is a Target store right next to the Event in case you decide to join the Draft after arriving at the Con.

If you’ve never been in a Draft, now’s your chance! Join us and we’ll have FUN!

Don’t forget to Register! Visit our site at http://NWBrickCon.org and sign up for the Best Con Northwest of anywhere!

Wayne Hussey

NWBrickCon™ 2004

eskimo-2@comNOSPAMcast.net