 Events / NWBrickCon / 236
Re: BWBrickCon™ 2004 Draft
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.org.ca.nalug
Date:
Sat, 25 Sep 2004 23:20:18 GMT

In lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, James Brown wrote:
   In lugnet.events, Wayne R. Hussey wrote:
   As hinted at earlier, we are going to have a Draft!

Aww, our little draft is all growed up, and going to cons and everything. :)

http://www.nalug.org/Draft-011008/index.html

thanks,

James (who still thinks it’s pretty darn cool that the draft has spread so widely.)

I would just like to publicly thank James, because (although I’d read the term often as I surfed LUGNET) I had no idea what a “draft” was. I gathered sorting was involved, but I didn’t know what you did after that. You see, I teach drafting - you know, the pencils/blueprints/CAD kind - and I was picturing a bunch of people with T-squares-n-such.. LOL

So now that I know it’s a “draft” as in a SPORTS draft.. I can’t resist punning:

Ever have Draft Picks that:

.. get traded - i.e. Swap your pick for two third-round picks and a minifig to be named later

.. do great in Juniors but can’t step up to the next level

.. have Visa troubles and have to sneak into the country

.. are Primo Donnas

.. find it hard to adapt to the North American style of play

.. never develop into anything

.. end up being long-term projects

Sorry. NHL lockout withdrawal..

Darrell