 Events / BricksWest / * (-5)
Subject:
test
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickswest
Date:
Sun, 5 Apr 2009 18:59:28 GMT
(canceled)

Subject:
Western Event?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events, lugnet.events.brickswest
Date:
Thu, 19 Aug 2004 02:32:07 GMT

Hi,

With NWBrickCon evidently happening in October, does anyone know the status of
the "other" West Coast event (whatever it may be called)? First of all, will
there be one? Second, is it moving? I know there were rumors it would be in San
Francisco, SoCal, Portland again, etc.? Sorry I tried searching LUGNET but I
couldn't find it - if this has already been discussed could someone point me to
the thread?

Thanks,

Darrell

Re: ISD build records
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.events.1000steine-land, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.events.legoworld
Date:
Tue, 20 Jul 2004 14:22:43 GMT

In lugnet.events, Christina Hitchcock wrote:
I'm looking to compile a list of all the ISD build attempts.

The first timed build that I remember occurred at BricksWest in Feb. 2002.
Does anyone know who was on that team and how long it took them to build it?

For each attempt I am hoping to find the following info;

Name of event where the build occurred:
Time it took:
Names of people who participated:

Thanks in advance for your help.

Christina Hitchcock

This information below is not complete, but it is a very very good start. If you have names, or last names and or pictures of the events that are not listed here, please post them.   thanks

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

1.

BricksWest February 2003, 1hr 42m 43sec (13 people) Tom Stangl, Bruce
Chamberlin, Teddy Welsh, Derek Schin, Ben Schwartz, Mrs. Schwartz

2.
1000Steine-Land July 5, 2003: 1hr 17m 33sec

3.
BrickFest August 2003, 1hr 14m 52sec: Ondrew Hartigan, Calum Tsang Steve
Hassenplug, Jeff van Winden, Adrian Drake, Scott Lyttle, Derek Raycraft,
don't know the two on the bottom corners or the one between Jeff and Ondrew

4.
LEGOWorld Oct. 2003, 1hr 13m 25sec:

5.
BrickFest PDX february 14, 2004, 1hr 9m 22sec:

Holger Mathes, Christopher Schermann, Bob Kojima, Thomas Garrison, Nik
Pieniazek, Ben Schwartz, Scott Lyttle, Gary McIntyre, Rick Clark, Dan Sabath

6.
1000steine-Land July 4, 2004, 1hr 2m 28sec:

Holger Mathes, Jan, Jan-Albert van Ree, Eddie, Juergen, Hendrik,
Dominik, Ben, Andreas, Bruno

++++++++++++++++

Thank you to Denise Jadud for compiling most of the information above, and to
Thomas Stangl, Didier Enjary, and Paul Sinasohn for their contributions.

Christina Hitchcock

Subject:
ISD build records
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events, lugnet.events.1000steine-land, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.events.legoworld, lugnet.events.nwbrickcon
Date:
Fri, 16 Jul 2004 22:57:41 GMT

I'm looking to compile a list of all the ISD build attempts.

The first timed build that I remember occurred at BricksWest in Feb. 2002.
Does anyone know who was on that team and how long it took them to build it?

For each attempt I am hoping to find the following info;

Name of event where the build occurred:
Time it took:
Names of people who participated:

Thanks in advance for your help.

Christina Hitchcock

Subject:
Fast-paced photo montage (13,000 photos in 9 minutes)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.us.or.por, lugnet.publish.photography, lugnet.people, lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 30 Jan 2004 03:34:56 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

I’ve been taking a lot of photos of LEGO people and their creations over the past 18 months, and right after I got back from NWBrickCon 2003, I thought it would be fun to see what all those photos looked like in an ultra-fast chronological photo montage ripping by at 24 frames per second. The result was a 9-minute “movie”:
  • Small (120x120, 49.7 MB, MPEG video, 00:09:05)
  • Medium (240x240, 145.2 MB, MPEG video, 00:09:05)
  • Large (480x480, 410.7 MB, MPEG video, 00:09:05)
If you want to see the photos at a slower pace, load the large version into Apple’s QuickTime player and use the right and left arrow keys to go through the images. (Hope you have fast net connection. :-)

Somewhere in the middle of the montage are two time-lapse sequences taken during the PNLTC show last April at the Oregon Convention Center. These sequences can be viewed separately -- at high-quality wide-screen DVD resolution -- in the following two files:
  • Neverending Crowd (768x320, 66.7 MB, QuickTime video, 00:02:22)
    Tens of thousands of people showed up to view the PNLTC layout. If it weren’t for free food and drinks from Starbucks, everyone in PNLTC would have passed out from exhaustion and dehydration (except Steve Barile, who was busy causing train wrecks). This is a 2,589-frame time-lapse sequence taken between 12:45pm and 4:21pm on Saturday, April 18, 2003. See if you can find Jon Rasmussen’s infamous “Teriyaki Shuffle” (hint: it’s in the first 10 seconds).
  • Teardown (768x432, 110.0 MB, QuickTime video, 00:01:31)
    Teardown of everything took only 90 minutes. This is a 1,656-frame time-lapse sequence taken between 9:12pm and 11:30pm on Sunday, April 19, 2003. My favorite parts are the tables coming apart, the carts filling up, and the banner coming down. Incidentally, this video proves beyond the shadow of a doubt that Jeremy Rear is indeed bionic.
People (and/or their creations) captured in the montage include TJ Avery, Steve Barile, John Barnes, Mark Benz, Ross Benz, Jamie Berard, Cris Berneburg, Dan Boger, Jennifer Boger, Lindsay Braun, Kai Broderson, Daniel Brown, Doug Carlson, Ken Cefaratti, Bruce Chamberlain, Will Chapman, Matthew Chiles, Cary Clark, Jennifer Clark, Rick Clark, Russell Clark, Joe Comeau, Scott Costello, Tim Courtney, Gregory Cross, Jonathan Dallas, Sid Dinsay, Shiri Dori, Adrian Drake, Tom Duggan, Remy Eagan, David Eaton, Frank Filz, Abner Finley, Stephen Fisher, Ben Fleskes, Jim Foulds, Tim Freshly, Thomas Garrison, Matthew Gerber, Chris Giddens, Jared Gilbert, Ashley Glennon, Keith Goldman, Neal Goldman, Felix Greco, Jim Green, Suzanne Green, Matthew Greene, Nicholas Greene, Mark Hafner, Tony Hafner, Constantine Hannaher, David Harris, Michael Harrod, Joel Hart, Bob Hayes, Rob Hendrix, Christina Hitchcock, Dean Husby, Xandria Husby, Wayne Hussey, Gus Janssen, Daniel Jassim, Jenny Johnson, Brad Justus, Eric Kingsley, Edward Kohl, Jason Krish, Todd Kubo, Joel Kuester, Rick Kujawa, Bram Lambrecht, Terri Landers, Magnus Langlo, Chris Leach, Joe Lee, Henry Lim, Benjamin Liston, Kevin Loch, Bruce Lowell, Andrew Lynch, Scott Lyttle, Chris Maddison, Thomas Main, Jason Mantor, James Mathis, David Mayhew, Bryce McGlone, Gary McIntire, Jake McKee, Brian McLean, Fuzzface McMahon, David Michon, Susan Michon, Ted Michon, Thomas Michon, Judy Miller, Jonathan Mizner, Randy Morrison, Aaron Muhl, Marc Nelson Jr., Mark Neumann and Raven, Erik Olson, Jon Palmer, Jimmy Park, Dan Parker, Kenny Paul, Greg Perry, Chris Phillips, Larry Pieniazek, Dave Porter, Scott Quirk, Thomas Rafert, Jeff Ranjo, Jon Rasmussen, Jeremy Rear, Michael Ripley, Soren Roberts, Roger Rothar, Jason Rowoldt, Ryan Rubino, John Rudy, Mark Sandlin, Robin Sather, Andrew Schilling, David Schilling, Derek Schin, Ben Schwartz, Richard Shamus, Adam Silcott, Paul Sinasohn, Daniel Siskind, Brendan Powell Smith, Robin Smith, Aaron Sneary, Eric Sophie, Barbara Sproat, Jeremy Sproat, Mark Staffa, Tom Stangl, Jeff Stembel, Shaun Sullivan, Kate Sutch, Todd Thuma, Kim Toll, Calum Tsang, Lewis Valentine III, Jeff Van Winden, Bill Ward, Brik Wars, Christopher Weeks, Teddy Welsh, Robin Werner, and Sun Yun. (There are about 50 portraits too, but those aren’t part of the montage.)

--Todd

Redisplay Messages:  Brief | Compact