 Events / BrickFest / 3870
  BrickFest™ PDX 2007 - Robotic Easter Egg Hunt

BrickFest™ PDX 2007 LEGO Mindstorms Robot Competition Robotic Easter Egg Hunt ===...=== The Challenge: Build a robot that will look for chocolate Easter eggs, and deposit them over the edges of the arena. The Rules: A judge will tell each contestant (...) (17 years ago, 31-Jan-07, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.robotics, FTX) !!

  Re: BrickFest™ PDX 2007 - Robotic Easter Egg Hunt

heheh, looks like a very fun contest! We've got a couple questions though: (...) Will the placement be absolute digression of the judge? Will it be at right angles to the wall, or facing any direction? Also, would a contestant be allowed to code (...) (17 years ago, 1-Feb-07, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.robotics, FTX)

  Re: BrickFest™ PDX 2007 - Robotic Easter Egg Hunt

(...) The location will be at the absolute discretion of the judge. The orientation is up to the owner, however. (...) The sides will be of constant height. It won't change over the circumference. The reason for the ambiguity is twofold: I'm waiting (...) (17 years ago, 2-Feb-07, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.robotics, FTX)

  Re: BrickFest™ PDX 2007 - Robotic Easter Egg Hunt

I've just received some great news from the LEGO Company: they've offered an NXT set as first prize to the winner of this competition! Thank you LEGO! I'm sure the winner will appreciate this as well. (17 years ago, 8-Feb-07, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.robotics, FTX)

  Re: BrickFest™ PDX 2007 - Robotic Easter Egg Hunt

(...) There have been inquiries as to the number of eggs that will be used. The answer is that "one bag" of eggs will be scattered around. The bag pictured is a 9.2-ounce bag, but so far this year I've only been able to find 11-ounce bags. The (...) (17 years ago, 28-Feb-07, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.robotics, FTX)

  Re: BrickFest™ PDX 2007 - Robotic Easter Egg Hunt

David, how high is the shortest house? Is it taller than the side panels? ---Will (17 years ago, 20-Mar-07, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.robotics, FTX)

  Re: BrickFest™ PDX 2007 - Robotic Easter Egg Hunt

(...) The walls are going to be about two inches tall. The houses will be considerably taller than that. Probably on the order of three to five times taller. By the way, there's only a bit over a week before BrickFest. If anyone else is considering (...) (17 years ago, 20-Mar-07, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.robotics, FTX)

  Re: BrickFest™ PDX 2007 - Robotic Easter Egg Hunt

(...) I'll give it a whirl! I wouldn't want you to get the NXT prize just because you were the only one entered. :) My 'bot may be a mashup of RCX & NXT. It will likely be horrible ugly, and exhibit questional operational effectiveness, but fame and (...) (17 years ago, 21-Mar-07, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.robotics, FTX)

  Re: BrickFest™ PDX 2007 - Robotic Easter Egg Hunt

(...) Will, If you do manage to combine RCX & NXT, I expect it will look mashed-up, but unlike all the other stuff at BF, this is not a how-does-it-look competition. No matter how it looks, I'm sure people will cheer for robots that try to give them (...) (17 years ago, 21-Mar-07, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: BrickFest™ PDX 2007 - Robotic Easter Egg Hunt

Do we loose points for melting the eggs? At any rate, it makes the foil stay on better. ;-) --Peter (17 years ago, 22-Mar-07, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.robotics, FTX)