 Events / BrickFest / 3065
3064  |  3066
Subject:
BrickFest 2005 - Micro and Vig Contests
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.build, lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.build.microscale, lugnet.build.vignette
Date:
Fri, 6 May 2005 00:15:58 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Hello all...

Last year I had the pleasure of being the Micro Display Coordinator for BrickFest and this year I will be continuing that role.

We have BIG plans for Micro this year!

From a few sneak preview pics I have had the pleasure of viewing, I can say without a doubt, as attendees, you will have some amazing displays to look forward to.

Considering the exposure that Micro has received from the Lego Company and as well as many builders over the last few years, we expect the Micro Display to be an even larger and more impressive display than last year, and that’s saying a lot!!! This year Micro will be joined by Vignette. With the explosion of interest in Vignettes, I can conclusively say that the Micro/Vig room will be something you won’t want to miss.

There are a few benefits to building small scaled....

1) A chance to get creative without breaking the Lego budget.

2) It is the perfect opportunity for those that are limited in what they can bring due to flying, etc.

3) Micro and Vig offer different sorts of building challenges, such as selective compression, wise use of parts and experiments in techniques such as SNOT building.

4) PLUS Two awesome contests....

I’m calling out to ALL builders to start building MOCs for both the Micro and Vig contests.

“Micro-Moc-Off!” (Micro Scaled) Contest, which includes all themes, from space to trains, and castle to town and everything in-between. All of the creations will be displayed together, so think BIG, but build small (keeping in mind that in our micro-scale project, a “fig” is the size of a 1 x 1 round brick.)

“Vig This!” (Vignette) Contest, which includes all themes. We encourage you to make a Vig that features your signature minifig. You are only limited to the size, which should be no larger than 8 by 8 studs.

More information on both contests here.

More information and inspiration on building Vigs here.

More information and inspiration on building Micro here.

I am so looking forward to seeing what you all come up with and looking forward to meeting new friends and catching up with old ones as well.

Sincerely,

Janey “Red Brick”

Micro and Vig Display Coordinator

Want to know more about BrickFest? Visit BrickFest