 Events / BrickFest / 3066
3065  |  3067
Subject:
Call for Group Train/Town Layout at BrickFest™ 2005
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.announce
Date:
Mon, 9 May 2005 13:51:23 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Call for Group Train/Town Layout at BrickFest™ 2005

Once again we would like to extend an invitation to all individuals, LEGO® train clubs or clubs that organize other displays with trains in them to set up a display at BrickFest™ 2005.

For those of you who have been to BrickFest™ before, the area we have for the town/train display is the lobby on the second floor (where we had it set up last year). The space currently designated for the displays is 80 feet long and 12 feet wide. We may be able to go longer but probably not wider. BrickFest™ organizers can provide up to 15 tables that are 30”x60” and 29 1/4” tall and 9 tables that are 24”x60” and 29 1/4” tall. All clubs are welcome (and encouraged) to bring their club tables.

Times and room numbers are tentative at this point, but here is some info to help you plan:

Set Up: The space is accessible for set up on Thursday 8/11/05 starting at 6:00pm. We need to get the tables setup Thursday night, but the layout does not need to be nailed down until Saturday noon for judging. So we can be more relaxed about setup.

Accessibility: The building is open between 8:00am and 10:00pm Thursday, 9:00am - 9:00pm Friday - Sunday. There will be someone around at all times. We will also have a room that can be locked for any participant that might want to secure their creations while they are participating in other things. The lobby is centrally located and near the registration desk. As a result the town/train display will be a focal point and be in a relatively high traffic location.

All train seminars will be held in room 244, 251 or other nearby space.

As previously mentioned the display will be in the center of it all. Currently the plan is to open the event up to the general public (yes kids too) between 10:30am and 4:00pm Sunday ONLY. This was a very exciting addition to the fest last year and I’m sure it will be just as popular this year. As most of us know, public shows are an aspect of the hobby and for some participants it will be the first time their work has ever been shown. We are looking for a club to provide stanchions for 100 feet of display.

Tear Down: The event is scheduled to end at 6:00pm on Sunday. It would be great if all creations in the main lobby could stay in place until 4:00 Sunday. But we know that this may not be feasible for everyone due to travel.

If you or your club is interested in participating in what we hope will be the largest multi group layout ever done at a fan oriented event, please contact Pierre Normandin. Deadline for confirming participation is 16 July.

Please include the following information:

Name of Club:

Contact Name:

Contact email address:

Desired dimensions of space (in inches, multiples of 10 preferred)

If possible include a TrackDraw or Track Designer file with your proposed layout. Include interconnects with other sections. We’re hoping to have 4 tracks running at one time this year. (interconnect specs to be determined, let’s discuss in follow-ups to this post) If your Track Draw or Track Designer plan includes any custom pieces please include the files for those as well.

Indicate if you will be bringing your own tables or if you need organizers to supply them. (tables and space will be issued first come first serve)

We will maintain an updated space plan and track plan (if possible) so we can all see the layout taking shape. Depending on level of interest, we may have to restrict space available to each club. Preference will be given to displays that are anticipated to be “more than just trains” but that have a pleasing (and hopefully spectacular!) mix of scenery, cityscapes, and operating trains.

Of course, however unlikely, all particulars are subject to change, so please remain flexible.

Pierre Normandin

Want to know more about BrickFest? Visit BrickFest

cc:ILTCO Mail List