 Events / BrickFest / 2359
Re: PDX Pictures
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Fri, 20 Feb 2004 02:42:07 GMT

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Dan Sabath wrote:
   In lugnet.events.brickfest, Scott Lyttle wrote: snip
   I think Derek Schin would have liked a malfed camera as opposed to what happened to him. Turns out someone broke into his truck on Sunday night and stole his digital camera. No MOC’s taken, but he now has a broken window on his truck, a lost camera--and all the lost pics of PDX...

I nominate Derek for the “Broken Brick” award--to be awarded to an attendee who faced the biggest hardship during the convention.

Scott Lyttle

I second that. Getting your truck broken into really blows. Anyone hear how he managed on the drive home? Last I heard he was heading for a Home Depot for *clear* plastic.

Dan

Here’s the short story on how things worked out:

Bruce and I taped a black plastic bag over the window, since it was raining pretty hard.

We went to a hardware store, bought clear plastic, taped it up and got on the road for the 880 mile trip home. We had made it to Portland in 12 hours; it would wind up taking us substantially longer than that to get home...

After many stops to repair the plastic, and many other trials and tribulations--such as Bruce holding the plastic in place as we drove, and other things we won’t get into now--we made it back to my place at 2 AM.

We left the house at 6:30 AM to get Bruce to the train and for me to go to work.

I’m still rather sleep deprived. But I think I’ve come up with a new .sig for posting here at Lugnet. You can see it below.

Derek

Putting the Adult back into AFOL. And the D back into your mom.