 Events / BrickFest / 1059
Re: My random thoughts and comments on Brickfest 2002
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Mon, 22 Jul 2002 23:05:13 GMT

<snip>

ok, Adrian, for you, no sweatshirt...and I only asked ya once...cause I
didn't want to push the issue..

Some of my random thoughts and ideas to add to the improvement list...

1) Even though MOC judging isn't easy, and before I open up the can of
worms, I've seen some convention contests create a "Master Class",

<snip>
Would that be the "Lindsay Frederick Braun Huge-A** Ship" Award or the "Jeez
Adrian, quit winning all the other categories and give someone else a
chance!" Award?  Knowing that it would affect me, I don't know how to
answer, but you're right, it might be a way to go.  Are people irked at all
that Lindsay and I always seem to come away with prizes?

I don't think that people are too irked, but it might discourage new people
who don't know that you and Lindsay (and just about everybody else) are
really nice people anyway...  but still, just a random thought I picked up
from staffing DragonCon for four years..

Oh, yeah Adrian, those red 4x4 round bricks on the Blood Moon:  4 in the UCS
X-wing, and 2 in the pod racer bucket (courtesy of peeron.com/inv)..

-Scott