 Events / 941
  Re: Florida AFoL Fest? And Greater Mid West Area (was: West Coast Brick Fest - concerns and hopes)

(...) Right on, that's cool. (...) See that! The guys in Florida Rock! I met people from Florida at Brick Fest, I say to you guys! Make it happen! Florida has many great things to offer. That's what is so great about America. Not to sound elitest, (...) (21 years ago, 13-Aug-03, to lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.us.fl, lugnet.org.us.gflug, lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.org.us.texlug, lugnet.org.us.tennlug)

  Re: Florida AFoL Fest? And Greater Mid West Area (was: West Coast Brick Fest - concerns and hopes)

(...) Eric & All - I just want to clear up that BrickFest(tm) is a trademark of Brick Events, LLC. They're keen on not seeing their trademark diluted, and rightfully so - since they've put in an incredible amount of effort over the past four years (...) (21 years ago, 13-Aug-03, to lugnet.events)

  Re: Florida AFoL Fest? And Greater Mid West Area (was: West Coast Brick Fest - concerns and hopes)

(...) OMG - Please oh please tell me we are not going to go down this road again. This is something that really irks me in such a major way its not even close to being funny. We are *very* aware of the (tm) and nobody is trying to hurt anybody, (...) (21 years ago, 13-Aug-03, to lugnet.events)

  Re: Florida AFoL Fest? And Greater Mid West Area (was: West Coast Brick Fest - concerns and hopes)

(...) Not to disparage anyone, but I feel that part of the character of a Con comes from having a unique name. I know with RPG/Comic Cons there's GenCon and GenCon UK, and there's San Diego Comic-Con and Motor City Comic-Con, but think of how boring (...) (21 years ago, 13-Aug-03, to lugnet.events)

  Re: Florida AFoL Fest? And Greater Mid West Area (was: West Coast Brick Fest - concerns and hopes)

(...) The only reason I mentioned it is I noted the way Eric was referencing generic LEGO fan events as "BrickFest," and I had noted the quote below from this post: (URL) I think every event should be called Brick Fest. Then sling the name of the (...) (21 years ago, 13-Aug-03, to lugnet.events)

  Re: Florida AFoL Fest? And Greater Mid West Area (was: West Coast Brick Fest - concerns and hopes)

Yes. Brickfest being over, you could have Lunch, or Dinner, or Snack, and so forth. I guess this Portland one is a second Brickfest. (21 years ago, 13-Aug-03, to lugnet.events)