 Events / 1966
Re: Photos from the event where three tons of lego brikcs where dumped in Oslo
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events, lugnet.build
Date:
Wed, 27 Sep 2006 17:55:05 GMT

In lugnet.events, Gerhard R. Istok wrote:
They didn't have 3,000 different elements in 34 colors to handicap
their creativity!  :-)

I know what you mean, I sometimes feel a bit intimidated myself
by the sheer diversity of the system - it's not only a blessing.
But I must say that some of the weird pieces in that selection
of 3,000 variants have spawned fun projects.

Perhaps there is reason for a "Dogma" movement amongst AFOLs?

"I plead to use only regular bricks and plates"
"I plead to use only the basic Lego colors"
"I take the liberty to make creative exceptions when I feel like it"
"I reserve the right to also build fun small-scale stuff on the side"

Naah. I'll just keep on building.