 Events / 1955
Subject:
Photos from the event where three tons of lego brikcs where dumped in Oslo
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events, lugnet.build
Date:
Sat, 23 Sep 2006 11:44:01 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

An artist in Norway dumped three tons of lego bricks in fron of the National
Museum of Art. An article about it can be found here ->
http://www.aftenposten.no/english/local/article1446562.ece

Here's a bunch of pictures taken from the event by a friend of mine ->
http://flickr.com/photos/archibald74/sets/72157594295482217/

There are some truly wonderful creations there. There are several brilliant but
oh so closeted lego fans out there :)

Re: Photos from the event where three tons of lego brikcs where dumped in Oslo
In lugnet.events, Hogne B. Pettersen wrote:
An artist in Norway dumped three tons of lego bricks in fron of the National
Museum of Art. An article about it can be found here ->
http://www.aftenposten.no/english/local/article1446562.ece

Here's a bunch of pictures taken from the event by a friend of mine ->
http://flickr.com/photos/archibald74/sets/72157594295482217/

There are some truly wonderful creations there. There are several brilliant but
oh so closeted lego fans out there :)

Wow, I love community art projects, but this one has to top the list.  What an
amazing idea, both creatively fascinating and socially enthralling.  Thanks for
bringing it to Lugnets attention.  Some of the work is absolutely gorgeous, and
the monochromatic colour scheme makes everything work so well together.  I'm
totally blown away.

Janey "Red Brick"

In lugnet.events, C. L. GunningCook wrote:
In lugnet.events, Hogne B. Pettersen wrote:
An artist in Norway dumped three tons of lego bricks in fron of the National
Museum of Art. An article about it can be found here ->
http://www.aftenposten.no/english/local/article1446562.ece

Here's a bunch of pictures taken from the event by a friend of mine ->
http://flickr.com/photos/archibald74/sets/72157594295482217/

There are some truly wonderful creations there. There are several brilliant but
oh so closeted lego fans out there :)

Wow, I love community art projects, but this one has to top the list.  What an
amazing idea, both creatively fascinating and socially enthralling.  Thanks for
bringing it to Lugnets attention.  Some of the work is absolutely gorgeous, and
the monochromatic colour scheme makes everything work so well together.  I'm
totally blown away.

Janey "Red Brick"

Me too--completely awesome. And I echo Janey--keeping them all white really
great idea.

Tommy Armstrong
www.brickengraver.com

Re: Photos from the event where three tons of lego brikcs where dumped in Oslo
In lugnet.events, Hogne B. Pettersen wrote:
An artist in Norway dumped three tons of lego bricks in fron of the National
Museum of Art. An article about it can be found here ->
http://www.aftenposten.no/english/local/article1446562.ece

Here's a bunch of pictures taken from the event by a friend of mine ->
http://flickr.com/photos/archibald74/sets/72157594295482217/

There are some truly wonderful creations there. There are several brilliant but
oh so closeted lego fans out there :)

Hogne,

What a wonderful idea! I lived in Oslo for 9 years and this is the kind of thing
reminds what a kick-ass town it is!

Could never stand that ugly green thing they had in that parking lot...

I wish I could check out these models in person, do you know how long they will
stay there for?

cheers

Magnus

Re: Photos from the event where three tons of lego brikcs where dumped in Oslo
In lugnet.events, Hogne B. Pettersen wrote:
An artist in Norway dumped three tons of lego bricks in fron of the National
Museum of Art. An article about it can be found here ->
http://www.aftenposten.no/english/local/article1446562.ece

Here's a bunch of pictures taken from the event by a friend of mine ->
http://flickr.com/photos/archibald74/sets/72157594295482217/

There are some truly wonderful creations there. There are several brilliant but
oh so closeted lego fans out there :)

Hogne-

Thanks posting these! What an awesome event!

Are your photos available for downloading all at once and in higher resolution?

-Ted

Re: Photos from the event where three tons of lego brikcs where dumped in Oslo
Because these people (amateurs) only had 1 color and a few brick sizes to work
with.... They didn't have 3,000 different elements in 34 colors to handicap
their creativity!  :-)

Gary Istok

Re: Photos from the event where three tons of lego brikcs where dumped in Oslo