 Events / 1440
Re: ISD Build record has been broken.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events, lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Tue, 2 Nov 2004 00:03:33 GMT

In lugnet.announce, Jonathan Dallas wrote:
Hey Everyone,

I just wanted to announce that NELUG now holds the offical record for fastest
time building the Imperial Star Destroyer.  10 NELUG members got together on
October 30th to break the German's record of 1hr and 2mins.  Kurt Rachdorf, the
LEGO store manager, was there to record the time and make it official.  Final
time was 54mins and 21.47secs.  We shattered the record by 8 minutes.

To make things even better we did this as a public event in the middle of the
Solomon Pond Mall in Marlboro, MA.  Kurt had a mini Tie Fighter build off
for the visitors who came by and several built Star Wars sets were on display.

Here are some photos from the event.

Photo of the stop watch:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/guigui/ISD-Build/imgp2478.jpg

Alfred's photos:
Doug's photos:
My photos:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/guigui/ISD-Build
PDF of the flyer that was passed out:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/RLegault/ISD/isd_build_flyer_3.pdf

Jonathan Dallas
www.nelug.org

Congrats, gang!

I only regret I wasn't able to be there to see it in person (or participate!)  I
couldn't get there--I had to do my local (i.e. Outlet store) part to keep our
favorite toy company to come out of the red.  For once, I'm glad I wasn't
consulted on building it...goes to show you just because one has experience,
sometimes it's better to go a different route...

Hm...what's next?  30 minutes?

Seriously, I'm happy you got the record back on this side of the pond!

Scott Lyttle