 Events / 1439
1438  |  1440
Subject:
COLTC display at Groveport Art Gallery, Nov 1 - Dec 30
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.us.oh, lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, lugnet.town
Date:
Mon, 1 Nov 2004 15:47:01 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

The Central Ohio Lego Train Club started their display at the Groveport Art
Gallery today. Located at 648 Main Street, Groveport, OH, (~5 miles south of
Columbus) the Art Gallery invited COLTC to display a layout and more...

Last weekend, we build a 15 x 10 foot display for the Groveport Art Gallery. It
has four 5+ feet tall skyscrapers, many city-like buildings, and a rural area,
complete with farm, schoolhouse, and a replica of the Groveport Town Hall
building (pictures will follow in a few days). In addition, a spectacular
underwater/beach scene, locks, and a medieval village, and more. Around and
within the layout, 2 running trains complete the display.

In the rest of the room, there are 4 very large display cabinets, that contain
official Lego sets as well as MOCs. cabinet 1 is filled with Space (Space!!),
Cabinet 2 is Castle (Castle!!), Cabinet 3 is train (6 wide!, 8-Wide!), and
Cabinet 4 is sculpture (..silence..). A few more larger Moc's are placed in the
room, like Bob the Builder who is standing guard in the window, and a table with
bricks for your building pleasure is present.

No entry fee, FREE!!

Opening times (Holidays closed, I assume), Mon-Sat, 9 AM-9 PM, Sun noon-6 PM.

Friday Nov 5th is the opening reception, AFOLs' are more than welcome to attend,
stop by for your chance to meet the COLTC-folk, from 7-9 PM.

COLTC members will not be present during the entire show, but some of us will be
stopping by from time to time. If you know you're coming and like for one of us
to be there (to tell you we do not use glue, and how long it took to build, and
yes it is all LegoS, etc :)  ), let us know (admin@coltc.org), and we'll see if
someone can meet you there.

For info and direction, visit www.coltc.org

on behalf of COLTC,