 Dear LEGO / 5308
Re: Why not smaller & more affordable for all? was Re: LEGO Factory sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Thu, 21 Jul 2005 18:55:45 GMT

In lugnet.dear-lego, Didier Enjary wrote:

   I also hope TLC is not making a bad move by encouraging kids to use virtual bricks with LDD, to use their computer by not printing BIs : in short to encourage kids not to buy real LEGO bricks.

Interesting idea, but I’m not sure that I would agree with you.

--off-topic personal viewpoint--

This is a similiar line of thinking to the way that the record industry believed (still believes?) that digital music and filesharing was going to kill album sales or even overall interest in music. Ever report that I’ve seen that’s come back about the reality of the numbers is that filesharing has actually increased CD sales overall, and certainly interest in music.

--/off-topic personal viewpoint--

Maybe you’re right, but I hope not. My gut tells me that getting kids experiencing the LEGO brick is a good thing whether it’s virtual or physical. My gut also tells me that the more that kids play with virtual bricks, the more they’ll be interested in physical bricks. We’ll just have to see.

Jake
---
Jake McKee
Community Liaison