 Dear LEGO / 4556
4555  |  4557
Subject:
Blue 32 x 32 Baseplate Discontinued... noooooooooo!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 27 Jan 2004 19:27:56 GMT

This may not be news to anyone, but it was news to me.

I just got an email back from LEGO-Direct saying the blue 32 x 32 baseplate, though it says “Sold Out” on the S@H website, has been discontinued.

Though I should look out for other items that are similar, or maybe sometime in the future it might come back with a different look!

BAH!

Bring it back LEGO! Please! How else are we to create the illusion of large bodies of water?

Unless you intend for us to pay through the nose for blue plates to put on top of other baseplates.

I realize that the blue 32x32 baseplate isn’t exactly a ‘power seller’, but I mean, c’mon! It’s a staple! You need three colors of baseplates, grey for industrial or rock, green for grass and blue for water! That’s just the way it is! Everyone needs access to blue baseplates!

At least I think so...

I’d buy 1 or 5 if it was made available again...

Sigh...

--Anthony