 Dear LEGO / 4555
4554  |  4556
Subject:
New colors - an alternative - BULK TUBS for Grays etc.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Tue, 20 Jan 2004 05:02:51 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Replacing colors, dumb move.   Creating a great market for grays on eBay and such (which TLC makes NO money from.....).

How about another possibility that might mollify people.  Treat the new colors
as "new" colors BUT continue to make the old (and even new) grays, browns and
such available in bulk tubs - think the old 1200 piece blue tubs. Has TLC ever
checked to see what people pay for pieces on the secondary market????

Think "Bulk Castle Bins"  grays, ewalls, windows, archs, doors, etc. "Bulk Space
Bins" "Bulk CIty Bins"  AT A REASONABLE PRICE You don't even have to provide
instruction sheets (a nice cost savings)  There's GOT to be a huge market. This
would also address a common complaint I hear from other parents.  Kids LOVE
Legos but few families really have a "critical mass" of parts available for kids
to play with. They are considered "expensive." Now I admit to having a
ridiculous amount of parts but my kids' friends have a great time when presented
with more parts than they could imagine to play with.

I buy an absurd amount of Lego sets marked down as slow sellers, in damaged
packaging (a REAL problem that TLC needs to address - speaking as an engineer
horrified at some of the packaging I see) and such.  TLC would make more money
selling me (and others) the parts we want instead of letting us scrounge parts
from mark downs.

Current bulk sales are better than nothing but no 1x1's???,  limited roof
pieces, limited "odd" count anything, large plates, etc.....It's still an
expensive and limited option for obtaining parts.

BTW, whatever happened to the "Design your own" online and order the set
concept?????

John H.