Subject:
The taking of Eladar
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.org.cw
Date:
Mon, 13 Nov 2000 06:55:03 GMT

I have noticed that CW is kind of dull lately, so I am posting a story I am
working on. LMKWYT

     On the 29th day of the third month of the 8th year of king Edward
Alnwick, the war of Darkness began.  The day started as a cold and sunny
day.  The first to fall were the Wolfpack.  The border station between the
Wolfpack territory and the northern kingdoms was usually pretty slow, with
only the occasional farmer using it.  The Thunderbirds guarding the station
knew most of the farmers in the area and knew which ones used the station.
On that day one of the peasants crossed the border early in the mourning to
do some trading in some nearby villages and returned later that day by the
same way.   As he came to a stop at the border station he got of his cart to
talk with the guards and share some stories around the dinner table.
Quietly the treasure chest opened and out climbed a man dressed in black
with a death head symbol on his chest.  He was Assailin, the dark hand of
Battrofis his personal assassin, skilled in the arts of death.  He slipped
into the tower.  He heard the laughter down the hall in one of the rooms. He
decided to wait till they where asleep to kill them.  He went and hid in the
armory.  The men talked till late into the night and it was around midnight
when they finally went to sleep.  Assailin slipped out of the armory after
arming himself with two short daggers. He went to the main room and found
most of them, sleeping there was three Thunderbirds and the peasant.  He
killed them all with out trouble. Then he decided to take a nap, by sunrise
the army was at the gates. Assailin calmly walked to the gates and threw
them open wide. Assailin knelt on bended knee as Battrofis rode up.
     "Hail lord Battrofis, the task was completed easily. The kingdom is
yours for the taking." said Assailin.
     "Well done , Assailin, my faithful hand, your skills shall be well
practiced by the end of the year."
     " What does my lord require next?"
     "You will stay close to me, we will be going into the Wolfpack's
territory next. They are a fierce bunch of warriors and you can start
practicing your skills there."
     "Yes, my lord."
     The army marched on toward the heart of the Wolfpack's territory, on
toward Northwatch, the Wolfpack's castle, the first major defence when
coming from the north.  Battrofis had decided to attack the Wolfpack's
castle, rather then try to go past it and leave his backside open. They
marched through the countryside and on towards the mountains taking all
weapons and destroying all farm implements. They marched into the mountains,
with the main army going through the valley and small scouting parties going
on the tops of the mountains. It was about three days journey from the
border to Northwatch, but Battrofis had made it in two. Battrofis marched
his army until it was just out of range of Wolfpack patrols.

Dan