 Castle / 814
Re: WAS: Gold Tap Inn
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 29 Nov 1999 16:58:59 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Kevin Wilson writes:
Doyle wrote:

I found a nice and realistic way to place a horizontal lego piece >across to • make Tudor (easier than saying Half Timber) :)

Horizontal is OK: how about diagonal? That's the hard part (even the
miniland half-timbered buildings use stepped standard bricks which looks
bad close up).

After thinking about this one, the only thing I can think of would be to put
1x1 or 1x2 technic beams w/ single hole in the wall, with a technic 1/2 peg,
and then stick on long black tiles at the desired angles. It probably wouldn't
look HORRIBLE, but at least it's something... would look better if you also did
the vertical and horizontal timbers the same way, but then you run into more
angling problems... anyway, a thought for all the "purists" out there that
don't want to use black tape :)

DaveE