 Castle / 6139
Re: Best Star Wars set for Castle use?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 21 Sep 2000 03:49:26 GMT

Here is what I found useful:

<set:7110> Landspeeder.  Two great peasants, two gray macaroni bricks, and
plenty of tan elements.
Downside:  The engines are not too useful.  (Challenge 1:  Incorportate
them into the castle theme).

<set:7115> Gungan Patrol - More torsos, two cool circular plats, and the
creatures are cool alternatives to horses and dragons.  Gray corner pieces.
Downside:  Jar Jar heads ...

<set:7121> Naboo Swamp - the one I have the most of.  Blue plate, brown
bricks, and general forset stuff.  Some key brown elements.
Downside:  None really .. sell off the droids:)  Well - maybe the Jar Jar.

<set:7184> Trade Federation ATT - plenty of good bricks and plates.
Downside:  Help?

I also like Boba Fett's Slave 1, but that's sort of for selfish needs:
Green slopes.  As you can see:

http://web.utk.edu/~pnazarew/castle/P8030028.JPG

I'm kinda running out.  Oh well - my City Inside the Forest will soon be
done and another chapter in the Verneer Chronicles can be written.

-- Pawel

In lugnet.castle, Pawel Nazarewicz writes:
Here is what I found useful:

<set:7110> Landspeeder.  Two great peasants, two gray macaroni bricks, and
plenty of tan elements.
Downside:  The engines are not too useful.  (Challenge 1:  Incorportate
them into the castle theme).

<set:7115> Gungan Patrol - More torsos, two cool circular plats, and the
creatures are cool alternatives to horses and dragons.  Gray corner pieces.
Downside:  Jar Jar heads ...

<set:7121> Naboo Swamp - the one I have the most of.  Blue plate, brown
bricks, and general forset stuff.  Some key brown elements.
Downside:  None really .. sell off the droids:)  Well - maybe the Jar • Jar.

<set:7184> Trade Federation ATT - plenty of good bricks and plates.
Downside:  Help?

<set:7184> Trad Federation MTT - this set's got a lot of bricks, if you're
looking for a lot of tan and brown ones.  There's also a very nice selection
of grey and dark grey bricks.

I also like Boba Fett's Slave 1, but that's sort of for selfish needs:
Green slopes.  As you can see:

http://web.utk.edu/~pnazarew/castle/P8030028.JPG

I'm kinda running out.  Oh well - my City Inside the Forest will soon be
done and another chapter in the Verneer Chronicles can be written.

-- Pawel

Dude, that city's gonna look spectacular!  I can't wait to see it finished!  I
saw it about a month ago in your site's parent directory, but I didn't want to
spill the beans for ya.  Speaking of stories, my story should be done in about
a week.  Prepare yourselves. . .it's coming.  :)

Wilson

Re: Best Star Wars set for Castle use?
In lugnet.castle, Pawel Nazarewicz writes:
Here is what I found useful:

<set:7110> Landspeeder.  Two great peasants, two gray macaroni bricks, and
plenty of tan elements.
Downside:  The engines are not too useful.  (Challenge 1:  Incorportate
them into the castle theme).

<set:7115> Gungan Patrol - More torsos, two cool circular plats, and the
creatures are cool alternatives to horses and dragons.  Gray corner pieces.
Downside:  Jar Jar heads ...

<set:7121> Naboo Swamp - the one I have the most of.  Blue plate, brown
bricks, and general forset stuff.  Some key brown elements.
Downside:  None really .. sell off the droids:)  Well - maybe the Jar • Jar.

<set:7184> Trade Federation ATT - plenty of good bricks and plates.
Downside:  Help?

<set:7184> Trade Federation MTT - this set's got a lot of bricks, if you're
looking for a lot of tan and brown ones.  There's also a very nice selection
of grey and dark grey bricks.

Whoops, sorry about that, I wasn't checking the links.  I thought you meant
the AAT <set:7155>

I also like Boba Fett's Slave 1, but that's sort of for selfish needs:
Green slopes.  As you can see:

http://web.utk.edu/~pnazarew/castle/P8030028.JPG

I'm kinda running out.  Oh well - my City Inside the Forest will soon be
done and another chapter in the Verneer Chronicles can be written.

-- Pawel

Dude, that city's gonna look spectacular!  I can't wait to see it finished!  I
saw it about a month ago in your site's parent directory, but I didn't want to
spill the beans for ya.  Speaking of stories, my story should be done in about
a week.  Prepare yourselves. . .it's coming.  :)

Wilson

Re: Best Star Wars set for Castle use?
In lugnet.castle, Pawel Nazarewicz writes:
Here is what I found useful:

Thanks for your list of suggestions!

<set:7121> Naboo Swamp - the one I have the most of.  Blue plate, brown
bricks, and general forset stuff.  Some key brown elements.
Downside:  None really .. sell off the droids:)  Well - maybe the Jar
Jar.

Yeah I've got 5 of these.  The blue plates and brown bricks are great!  But
I'm stuck with the transparent clear pieces.  Looks like I'll be getting more
of these then, based on your comments.  :)

I'm kinda running out.  Oh well - my City Inside the Forest will soon be
done and another chapter in the Verneer Chronicles can be written.

Tell us when it's ready!  Can't wait to see it!

Bryan

Re: Best Star Wars set for Castle use?
In lugnet.castle, Pawel Nazarewicz writes:
Here is what I found useful:

<set:7115> Gungan Patrol - More torsos, two cool circular plats, and the
creatures are cool alternatives to horses and dragons.  Gray corner pieces.

+ the Gungan sheild, 2 black spears and brown saddles

Downside:  Jar Jar heads ...

Big downside.

-- Pawel

Re: Best Star Wars set for Castle use?