 Castle / 5327
Re: Musical advice - kinda OT, kinda not
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 12 Jul 2000 06:37:53 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Eric Brouwer writes:

I'm looking for something that can get my creative juices flowing the right
direction.  Inspirational if you will...

Well... by the lengthening list of replies it looks like "inspirational" takes
on many meanings dependent upon the listener.

For subject-related tunes, looks like you've already got quite the list to
choose from.

But for pure broadband all-purpose pumping of creative juices, nothing (in my
mind, anyway) beats Philip Glass.
Glass is a minimalist composer, and I've always found his work to take on a
rhythm - relentless without becoming annoying or repetitive. It helps me in any
creative endeavour, building and maintaining momentum, even pushing me through
mental blocks when necessary. Very handy. Not for all listeners, might even be
an acquired taste.
I'm not currently in the vicinity of my CD collection so I can't pass on
titles, but if so asked I'd be happy to do so at a later date.

My 100th of a Toonie.
K.