 Castle / 4612

Subject:
???Question???
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 11 May 2000 00:45:06 GMT

Sooooooooo, here’s a question for any independent LEGO groups out there…Does
anybody know of an independent LEGO group situated in Ontario CANADA,
preferably in Toronto??? I know of the NELUG (NewEngland Lego Users Group) and
I’ve seen the Vancouver LEGO group, but I’ve never herd of, or seen an
independent LEGO group in my area!!! Is there a LEGO group Web ring where
independent LEGO groups across the country collaborate. Perhaps if this
exists, I could check for a group in my area.

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated, and the first ten people to assist
me receives a cookie in the mail!!!

Thanks!

Richard,

You can reach me at shroud_of_kung_fu@hotmail.com
-Lego good, Canada great.-

Re: ???Question???
for future reference, it's better to start a new thread instead of replying to
a current one (if you're not replying to it, that is).

In lugnet.castle, Richard Noeckel writes:
Sooooooooo, here’s a question for any independent LEGO groups out there…Does
anybody know of an independent LEGO group situated in Ontario CANADA,
preferably in Toronto???

I haven't heard of one.

Is there a LEGO group Web ring where
independent LEGO groups across the country collaborate. Perhaps if this
exists, I could check for a group in my area.

Yep, right here on lugnet:
http://www.lugnet.com/loc/ca/on/
Seems like there's even an event planned for May 27th!

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated, and the first ten people to assist
me receives a cookie in the mail!!!

I'll take a chocolate chip cookie, thank you. :-)

see ya,
-Shiri

Re: ???Question???
In lugnet.castle, Richard Noeckel writes:
Sooooooooo, here’s a question for any independent LEGO groups out there…Does
anybody know of an independent LEGO group situated in Ontario CANADA,
preferably in Toronto???

Yep, right here on lugnet:
http://www.lugnet.com/loc/ca/on/
Seems like there's even an event planned for May 27th!

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated, and the first ten people to assist
me receives a cookie in the mail!!!

I'll take a chocolate chip cookie, thank you. :-)

see ya,
-Shiri

Thanks Shiri, your the best!!! The reason why I posted this message in
lugnet.castle is because this is my LEGO genre of choice, and I was hoping to
perhaps find another castle fan in my area.

P.S. it was very kind of you to respond to my question. I appreciate the time
and effort that you put into recovering this information for me. When everyone
else just disregarded the question or simple didn’t care, you Shiri
went ‘above and beyond,’ and for this, I am indebted to you.

P.P.S. my Father is the chairman of the Nabisco Brands Limited Division in
Canada, therefore, with the powers vested in me, I decree that an entire
truckload of  ‘chocolate chip cookies’ be sent to your location. This is the
least I can do. If your ever in Canada and need a friend, just write me!

Thanks

              Sincerely,
[...]

Hit him up for double-stuffed Oreos!  :-)

Re: ???Question???
lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Thu, 11 May 2000 22:00:05 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Bruce Schlickbernd writes:
In lugnet.castle, Richard Noeckel writes:

P.S. it was very kind of you to respond to my question. I appreciate the time
and effort that you put into recovering this information for me. When
everyone
else just disregarded the question or simple didn’t care, you Shiri
went ‘above and beyond,’ and for this, I am indebted to you.

Hey, no problem. Like Gary mentioned, not everyone might know the answers. And
I still remember what it was like to be a newbie, most people here forget
quickly... while I have good memory... :-)

P.P.S. my Father is the chairman of the Nabisco Brands Limited Division in
Canada, therefore, with the powers vested in me, I decree that an entire
truckload of  ‘chocolate chip cookies’ be sent to your location. This is the
least I can do. If your ever in Canada and need a friend, just write me!

Hit him up for double-stuffed Oreos!  :-)

Oh I will. ;-)
Hey, wait, what's that big truck doing in front of my house? Hmm...
Aah! Cookies!!!

<grin>

-Shiri
XFUT lugnet.off-topic.fun

Re: ???Question???
[...]

else just disregarded the question or simply didn’t care, you

..... Or just didn't know!!! (option 3).

Shiri went ‘above and beyond,’ and for this, I am indebted to you.

P.P.S. my Father is the chairman of the Nabisco Brands Limited Division in
Canada, therefore, with the powers vested in me, I decree that an entire
truckload of  ‘chocolate chip cookies’ be sent to your location. This is the
least I can do. If your ever in Canada and need a friend, just write me!

Thanks

              Sincerely,
                                              Richard

You can reach me at shroud_of_kung_fu@hotmail.com
-Lego good, Canada great.-

Don't eat too many, and go heaving your cookies, Shiri!!

Hey!  How come no one ever offered me free food?   :-)

On a diet anyway,

Gary Istok

P.S.  And speaking of Canada..... on a clear day Canada can be seen across the
waters from my hometown (St. Clair Shores).

Re: ???Question???