 Castle / 4561
Re: What do peasants carry around in your town?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 5 May 2000 21:37:47 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Jeff Johnston writes:
Shiri Dori wrote:
Hm. I had a thought that some peasants might be leading a horse, not riding
but leading one. Not that I know how that'd work...

I made a couple of pack horses using the Adventurer backpacks.
Put the solid backs (1x2 brick & plate) into the horse's back,
and then hang a backpack off of each side.  I have a tiny caravan
consisting of a goldsmith and his guards that uses this design.

I use the same technique.  Also, there is an old Fabuland "Saddlebags" piece
that came with a motorcycle (I think?) that works great for this (funny,
saddlebags work for making saddlebags?  Who would've thought!).  If you've
never seen this piece, I have a picture of it.  It is the second picture on the
following page on the closest pack mule:

http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Capsule/9142/lego/amber.htm

Hard to see from the picture, but the further pack mule has the adventurers
backpacks strapped to its sides.  Using the Imperial Marine backpacks also
works pretty well, though you can't attach any pieces to it.

On the topic, there are also several peasants hard at work (and under attack!)
at the bottom of that page.

Tony