 Castle / 4543
Re: What do peasants carry around in your town?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 4 May 2000 20:53:13 GMT

In lugnet.castle, David Simmons writes:

I'm
stuck as to what other items my peasants can carry around on their daily
activities.  Goblets would make them appear to be drunkards, and weapons
would make them too hostile.  Suggestions?

Well, it depends on what they're doing.

If they're just out for a stroll they probably won't carry anything.

If they're on their way to market they might have one of those basket
backpacks (available recently/currently in 6097 among others).

A stable boy might have a shovel to clean up after the horses.

A peasant woman, innkeep, or even a chimney sweep could have a broom.

The grey, dark grey, or black "lightsaber blades" make decent walking
sticks.

People who are selling things can be holding samples of their wares, while
people buying them could be holding up coins.

Personally, I think LEGO needs a Farm theme.  More animals, more tools
(pitchforks, hoes, rakes), plenty of ideas for sets (Barn,
Tractor/Combine, Farmhouse, etc)  The problem is, would it sell?  Do kids
still like tractors and horses and cows and stuff?