 Castle / 4551
Re: Pictures of Blacksmith Shop Online
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 5 May 2000 01:52:44 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Shiri Dori writes:
Hi Ryan!

I like your shop. The way you constructed the cut-off corner is nice, and I
like the way you incorporated the castle-wall sections in the building so that
they are almost unnoticable.

Thanks. I don't have many pieces that are rerally good for making castle style
buildings, but I thought this came out great.

A few quests/comments:

What camera did you use? With what lighting? I'm asking because there is quite
a bit of glare from the interior pics, and that's a shame 'coz I can barely
make out the interior. I think that taking the pic at an angle other than
above the building would help. Maybe try to put the lighting behind the model,
instead of on top...?

I used a Canon Rebel G  and I ended up just using a table lamp from above
because I couldn't get enough light any other way. If I did it from another
angle I couldn't get enough light in the building because of the lack of
windows. I think the real bright spot on the left was because the flash went
off. I think that the upper room one came out quite wel though.

Also, I'd love to hear more about the story development, the characters, etc.
Perhaps having the pics somewhere where captions are available (ie, a personal
homepage).

-Shiri

I may do something on my personal page if I get the time.
To tell you the truth, I came up with all of those names, except for Lord Kent,
while I was writing the post.
I have already thought of a name for my small castle kingdom...Great Brickian
:) pretty cool, I think.

I just started LDrawing, so it should be done in the next couple of weeks if i
get the time, but I have some reports to write for school so it'll happen when
it happens.

Thanks again for the comments

Ryan