 Castle / 4040
  Thank you for translation! (Re: New pictures of my Black Falcons)

Thanks to all of the good translations. I think I know how the figures will be called in English: pic1: "Longsword" - It's a swordsman with a long sword. He belongs to a company which is called "Longswords" because of their long swords. "Halberdier" (...) (24 years ago, 4-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Thank you for translation! (Re: New pictures of my Black Falcons)

In lugnet.castle, René Hoffmeister writes: <snip> (...) Well, that's not what my dictionary says... Yeoman: "An attendant, a servant, or a lesser official in a royal or noble household. A yeoman of the guard. (1) A petty officer performing chiefly (...) (24 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  yeoman? (was "Re: Thank you for translation!")

(...) [snip] (...) According to my understanding of medieval history in England, a yeoman was a peasant farmer who wasn't a serf. What's a serf? Well, a serf was a peasant farmer who was tied to the land, but was otherwise free, as opposed to a (...) (24 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Thank you for translation! (Re: New pictures of my Black Falcons)

(...) Perhaps "Freeman" or "Mercenary" (if he hires himself out to fight for others) would be better? (...) From www.dictionary.com: 1. A gallant or chivalrous man, especially one serving as escort to a woman of high social position; a gentleman. 2. (...) (24 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Thank you for translation! (Re: New pictures of my Black Falcons)

(...) I have a question about this fellow. Is he able to bring these small animals to him from some distance away? If not, he wouldn't be a summoner. If he can just control the animals and tell them what to do, I'd call him an Enchanter. Jeff (24 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)