 Castle / 3867
Re: Adding height to minifigs?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 30 Mar 2000 01:08:17 GMT

DBR wrote:

The only effective way I know of is to add lots of accessories to the figs'
neck (Backpacks, capes, helmets, etc...). Then place a round 1x1 'dot' on
the top of that fig's head, under the helmet/hat. It is a real pain in
the... toe to get the 'dot' out of a helmet though, should it get stuck...

The dot in the headgear is an excellent idea!  It raises the cloaked head
thing a little high (so you can see the bare neck from the back), but that's
OK, I think.

I've settled on a combination of options -- it makes the minifig about a foot
taller (in minifig scale) than the other figures, which is what I wanted.  I'm

using a hollowed out 1x2 grille as a belt (still have red, but may switch to
gold or dark gray), the 1x1 round plate under the headgear, and a 1x1 plate
on each foot.

I may go into serious modifications now, like gluing the plates to the feet
and
trimming them to look less bulky.

The figure makes me think of the Ghost of Christmas Future in Dickens's "A
Christmas Carol."  He needs to be imposing to mete out justice (or the
people's
perception of justice, as reality is relative to strength of one's will in
this place).

Chris

--
Remove the nospam machine name in my email address to send a personal reply.