 Castle / 21747
Re: Forgotten Beacon
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 28 Jan 2009 13:41:58 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Ted Godwin wrote:
   In lugnet.castle, Nathan Todd wrote:
   I’m really quite proud of this model. There is a lot of detail, a new curved tower technique ...

Sorry, I cannot make out from the pictures you have posted what the new technique is. Do you have some more detailed or WIP shots?

The only thing I can make out is it looks like wedge-shaped pieces forming part of the top of the tower (I think).

Sorry, there should be a better pic, but I don’t have any of the construction ones with me at the moment. this should give the best view. Essentially it is a circle formed by right 2x4 wedges, laid on a circle formed of left 2 x 4 wedges, etc. The wedges each connect to the one directly above them to form columns, which are themselves held in the circular shape by the friction of the wedges’ overlap on each other.

God Bless,

Nathan