 Castle / 20868
Re: cheeky little new Castle Lego set
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 9 Jun 2005 18:39:47 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Nathan Wells wrote:

   There’s a huge discussion about this set over at Classic-Castle:

http://www.classic-castle.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4766

There is much worry that the figures are glued. :(

Well, holy horsehead, Batman. Surely they couldn’t do something that stupid?

Assembling and gluing (or baking) the minifigs together would surely make production MORE expensive, as well as making the set far less attractive.

One-piece minifigs makes sense for a keychain; you don’t want them coming apart in your pocket or on the train and finding nothing but a smiling head attached to your keys when you get home.

But for a set like this, the inability to customize or repurpose the figures makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. The folks at LEGO could see that, right? I mean, surely they would ask somebody about it before they make such a big decision. Who would actually say, “Yes, sure, glue those minifigs together so we can’t do anything with them except play Chess the way you want us to?”

I sure hope this turns out to be much wailing and gnashing of teeth over a misunderstanding!

Sadly,
Joe