 Castle / 20497
Re: Skeletal Balrog
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 8 Nov 2004 16:10:21 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Shaun Sullivan wrote:
   Collecting all of my little white bits together I decided to have a go at the concept in LEGO. The result:

(click on picture above to link to the gallery)

The skeletal balrog made its debut in an October 23rd Halloween-themed Brikwars game. Unfortunately by the time the characters found it they were hurting and on the verge of going insane, so the balrog remained a statue rather than come to unlife.

It’s quite articulated, very posable, and relatively sturdy. I’ve dropped it a number of times and repairs are usually minor. Balance is occasionally as issue due to the small size of the feet, but the minifig-hand-toe-talons actually work wonders in providing support.

Also depicted is a large three-headed flail it can tote around. Now I just need to get my hands on a flaming Bionicale sword ...

Please LMKWYT!

I would not have thought that a skeletal creature like this was possible. Very well done. I was drooling over the brief glimpses from the BrikWars game pics, these are much better. Excellent use of the horn piece for the wrist.

Jason Spears | BrickCentral | MichLUG | CLB