 Castle / 2014
Re: Idea for Castle World Website
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sat, 29 Jan 2000 09:23:13 GMT

Ok, I'm just gonna ramble here, and hopefully someone will be inspired
from my ideas to think of something better. :)

Shiri wrote:

I like your ideas, but a few questions:

-What units are LUs? (not light years I guess)
I dont know myself,  but I would assume something like "Lego Units"?
(Studs?) [I am usually decent at guessing acronyms. Or at least funny
alternatives. :)]

-How would you determine who wins the war? Army sizes aren't enough, there are
cases throughout history where little armies overcame big ones. (e.g.
Maccabies against Greeks, Israel against arab states in 1967) Dice? Too
random, isn't it? Maybe you get a "die" for every, say, ten soldiers. (or
twenty, or 100, never mind) Then the bigger your army, the more CHANCES of
winning you have. But the winning isn't certified.
Hard to make it simple enough to not be constraining, but not so simple
so as to
feel overly random and arbitrary.
Dice are good, but Perhaps some influence of dice and other influence
based on Offensive capabilities
vs defensive?
(Height of walls? # of seiege engines? Guard Towers, Arrow slits, etc?
Nestled in Mountains?)
[I probably missed an earlier discussion on a similar subject/same
subject under a different Subject[er, as newsreaders go that is, so
apologies if I'm going over irrelevant material]

Also, If you restrict attacks (a bit at least) by saying that one army can't
attack more than once a month/week/some period of time, you ensure that not
all creations will be destroyed during one week... (This is my suggestion,
adding on to yours)

I like all the other stuff you suggested.

-Shiri

On the subject of rebuilding, perhaps they are more or less thrown to
some somewhat nearby/reachable area as 'refugees' and
then are allowed a certain # of bricks / unit of time. [this Re: The
Rome Rebuilt in a Day comment] to build with,etc.
Perhaps make this a rule also for anyone wanting to build, expand etc.
Perhaps be based on population or somesuch.
(nonsoldiers? Hmmm.)

You know, if I am totally off topic here and such [it being relatively
late and I'm feeling a bit ill] this STILL sounds neat to me. :)
-Michel