 Castle / 18378
18377  |  18379
Subject:
October 31st - Picture of the Day Vol. 2
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.build
Date:
Fri, 31 Oct 2003 16:18:55 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hello!

Today is not only Halloween but also Reformation Day. Being neither catholic nor Irish I’ve the reformation in mind rather than this custom that has not even been known here (Germany) before the ad industry adopted and established it.

So. After we got to see last year the Dr Martin Luther nailing his 95 theses to the door of the Schlosskirche in Wittenberg this year we tell another anecdote from his life:

When Martin Luther was summoned to the Reichstag in Worms for he should revoke his theses, he was banned because he refused to revoke. His souvereign, the Kurfürst of Saxony, liked his doctrines. So he gave him shelter on the Wartburg where he lived under the alias “Donzel George”. And there he had no ressources against boredom except translating the Bible into German. (That hadn’t been done ever before, and Luther’s use of the German language set the first standard of a high level languae throughout Germany.)

While sitting and translating one gloomy night he got a visitation from/by the Devil himself! But Luther won’t be Luther if he had been too afraid. He grasped the inkpot and threw it against the Fiend. That worked, the Beelzebub disappeared.

To cut a long story short, this is what happened:

Click me, I’m a link!

Now, most likely this story didn’t happen exactly the way the legend has it. However, it’s enough to get money from the tourists who visit the Wartburg and search for the spot of ink on the wall....

This is what Luther’s parlour looks like:
Click me, I’m a link! Click me, I’m a link!

Hopefully I didn’t indoctrinate anybody with my religious-confessionel tattle. In case of doubt the story also fits as a spooky Halloween tale...

Bye
Jojo