 Castle / 18221
18220  |  18222
Subject:
My obligatory NWBC post - too much fun for just one weekend
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.people, lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 10 Oct 2003 20:34:47 GMT

Hey all,

I finally had some alone quiet time to do the picture thing. My images of all of NWBC, as well as a bit of our (Eric Sophie and me) roadtrip, are now online.

I had so much fun out there. It was great to meet new people (Marks 1,2,3, Jon, Tom, Tony, Gary, Raven, Bruce, Dan, Wayne, Ashley, Todd, Soren, Dean and Alexandria, Derek, and everyone else I know I’m forgetting). It was also fun to see people that I hadn’t seen in quite awhile (Todd, Bram, Rich, Larry, Frank).

The con itself was killer - the mecha, space, and moonbase displays easily took up half of the overall layout. The train layout was really cool, as was Tom Rafert’s castle setup. Especially when the madness started (sheep are evil, long live the shpleem).

It was really fun to take a small part in the ever-evolving castle vs. space wars. Big kudos to those guys for making it fun and making me laugh that hard.

As for the Great American BioMechanical Bricks Tour part of the trip, E and I had an awesome time on the road. Great stuff to look at - every daylight hour there was something interesting to gawk out the window at. We were certainly relieved to get to Mark and Raven’s place and take showers - that was one of the high points of the past week. :-) Also, the way back was great. We stopped by Dan Parker’s studio and Wayne Hussey’s house, then hit the road with a stack of catalogs in tow. They were dispersed at just about every place we stopped on the way back. Who knows whose hands they’ll find their way into.

As you can see from my misc NWBC folder, we made an acquaintance in Rapid City, SD and convinced her (at a gas station at 2 am, mind you) to pose with a big technic beam.

Just one of many little adventures we had. I’ll just let the pictures tell the story.

Enjoy, and thanks again to everyone. Especially Mark Neumann and Raven for letting us crash at their place and putting on a stellar convention. And to Eric Sophie, for hauling me half way across the country and back. Be sure to buy map buddy.

(please direct FUTs accordingly)