 Castle / 18139
Re: White Lion Castle - first pictures of the whole castle !
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 25 Sep 2003 15:18:01 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Kai Gerkens wrote:
not only on one. I've read some Books about castles, medieval buildings,
living in that time period and the crusades. Especially the art of siege is
very interessting.
First I thought about to rebuild a real castle, but then I found Bob
Carney's Castle Page with lots of them...
so I decided to build an own historical castle but not a copy of a real
one.

Maybe I build one of my favorite the bodiam castle ( East Sussex - England )
someday ;)

One of my favorite books about castles is Castle by David Macaulay which I got
many many years ago. It was about how castles were designed and built and it
centered on an imaginary castle. What I learned in that book has inspired a lot
of my own castle design.

I like Bob Carney's site too, although it's a little intimidating. :) He
includes a lot of links to real castles though, which I find interesting and
inspiring.

My favorite castle is Caernarfon in Wales. I doubt if I will ever build it in
LEGO bricks because it has so many weird angles. Bodiam would look good as a
LEGO castle though. It might even fit into the CCC Standard. Let us know when
you finish. :)

Stephen