 Castle / 1789
Re: New MOC's on my websites
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sat, 22 Jan 2000 00:08:16 GMT

The round table came from the smaller Hovertron set in the Explorians
line, I bought a bunch of them just for the round "Table" in them :)
and the "arches" in the stream are the rounded 2x3 bricks, I got a bunch
of them in one of the Freestyle Poly bags from a couple years ago. I
wish I could find more of those...all I can somewhat clearly remember
was it was in the 1800 number range I think... Shooting the pics for the
Mountain turned out to be a sad day :( Only half of the mountain
survived after the shoot.. the other half fell from 5 feet as I was
carrying it back to my Lego room afterwards :(  I still have the built
half together and the rest in a bucket hoping to someday reconstruct and
find all the broken pieces. That's the first and only time I cried while
picking up and inspecting Lego... I had a couple of secret compartments
under the river and on the side of it I didn't get the chance to photo
that day, now I really wish I would have taken the time.  One of those
cases of live and learn... the hard way!

I don't have time to do an ldraw of the staircases, too much turning and
the like with the parts for me right now, though I will seriously try to
get some better picks. Ones that show more details!  I can kind of
explain it possibly... I used 2x6 plates for the steps and 1x1 plates
and 1x2 plates to hold them together, take a back corner of the first
2x6 put down the 1x1 plate, on the opposite back corner connect one stud
of the 1x2 plate so it's hanging off the back 2x6 then place the next
2x6 plate on the 1x1 and on the back part of the 1x2, this gives it a
little curve, you could continue all the way up a narrow tower with this
supports might be a bit of a problem.. though playing with it might give
some idea to fix that.
For the hand rail I used more 1x2's some 1x3's and round 1x1 bricks and
1x round plates. I used the 1x2's on the short side with the 1x1's under
the stairs, and the 1x3's on the side with the 1x2's under the stairs. I
used the round plates so the rail was even.

I really don't think this is a new way of building the stair case.. I'm
sure someone else has done this before. I know I've tried a few other
ways in the past and never liked them.. I had just gotten a bunch of new
black 2x6 plates instead of some 2x8 plates I had ordered and decided to
try to put them to use.. and it worked out pretty well :)

Hopefully the directions above are clear... I know they seem to be to
me.. though when someone else is trying to explain something...
sometimes it just doesn't click.. Pictures are always better :)

Tamy

Shiri wrote:

In lugnet.build, Eric Kingsley writes:
Tamy,

These are great!!  I love the Keep and the circular staircase is great.  I
thought that the lugnet.castle folk might want to see this so I have added • that
group to the list.

Yep, thanks for that!

I really liked all your creations, especially the Jusar Keep and the mountain.

I was wondering about a couple of things, though:
-How did you make that double staircase? It's truly amazing and if you could
maybe show a more detailed picture or Ldraw instructions that would be great!
-What piece did you use for the round table? I've never seen it before...
-I really liked your mountain, and especially the stream in it. Is there a
specific set in which you found all those blue arches, or was that a piec
auction?

Keep up the good work, and post in .castle next time too! We wanna see your
stuff! :-)

-Shiri

--
Keep on Bricken'