 Castle / 17475
17474  |  17476
Subject:
A cry for help !
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 15 Jul 2003 22:55:34 GMT

Hi all

I was hoping that some of you could maybe give me a few pointers on what I should do to improve my poor writing skills, I feel that I need to improve before I go any farther in illustrating my story so any help you guys can give me on this subject would be greatly appriciated, thanx in advance. heres a sample of my writing:

As dawn broke, the land seemed very quiet, not much was heard except for a soft roar of a near by waterfall. It had been several days since our travelers had seen any sign of goblin activity. Several moments later Nevfang’s scouting hawk flew in from a night of watching over the landscape. “My dear friend what is it? ” asked Nevfang looking up at the bird. Then as if understanding the hawks every word Nevfang looked to a hill side very far away. Focusing on a couple of trees he spotted a small group of goblins who were at closest 1500 yards in the distance. Then in an instant the hill side became covered with goblins.

Oh No........” whispered the elf in fear as he rushed to his companions to warn them of the danger which seemed to be pouring down the hill.

Victor, Eric, Mudd, Malak...” Nevfang shouted running into camp.

What’s the matter? ” asked Victor who had risen to his feet.

...Goblins,” Nevfang stated, “At the top of the hill....

Well alright then” said Mudd interrupting his elf friend, “Let us kill some goblins shall we? ” he continued as he unsheathed his sword.

Oh.....really, do you plan to take on the intire goblin force by yourself? ” ask Nevfang looking at his friend as if he were ignorant.

Well since you put it that way, I’m up for suggestions.” replied Mudd sheathing his sword and leaning against his 3 headed hound.

We haven’t got many other options...” stated Victor looking up towards the hill.

I’ll stand by you until the very end my brother.” said Malak bravely placing his hand on Victor’s shoulder.

Greatly out numbered huh? ” Mudd responded quickly “Count me in, I always did love a good challange.

What say you Eric? ” asked Victor turning to his friend who had been meditating on a rock, without the slightest movement.

Well.....”, as the wizard began to speak he vanished, then without warning reappeared next to victor and continued to speak, “I could never leave my companions behind.

You humans are insane...”, Nevfang paused looking up at the hill. “But you have alot of spirit...

Shall we then? ” asked Malak.

Yes, lets hunt some goblins....” grinned Victor.