 Castle / 17481
Re: A cry for help !
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 16 Jul 2003 03:04:46 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Joey Finnell wrote:
   Hi all

I was hoping that some of you could maybe give me a few pointers on what I should do to improve my poor writing skills, I feel that I need to improve before I go any farther in illustrating my story so any help you guys can give me on this subject would be greatly appriciated, thanx in advance. heres a sample of my writing:

Well, a few months ago, I experienced some similar problems with writing, so you might find the below thread useful:

http://news.lugnet.com/castle/?n=15291

<excerpt snipped>

So far, it’s looking decent, but in my personal bias, it seems a bit Tolkeinesque (with three headed dogs, elves and goblins, what can you expect? :)

However, it does read through smoothly, although it would be nice to see more description in regards to character description (but since you’re doing an illustrated story, those details aren’t exactly pertinent, but they do attribute an additional kick to the writing, exceptionally minute character detailswhich make all of the difference.)

exemplis gratis “Malak’s face appeared brazen when confronted with the knowledge of the advancing goblin force, although it could be plainly seen that even he reserved his share of doubt in conflict.”

Well, that’s my take on the subject anyway. I hope that was at least of some help.

Osprey, over and out

M. Aaron Hein

http://www.lugnet.com/1112/