 Castle / 1680
Re: My new Inn of many gable ends...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 19 Jan 2000 14:16:37 GMT

First thanks to everyone who has commented so far.  I love getting feedback so
thanks.  Other than my misunderstanding of the definition of "gable" things
have gone well so far :-).  I now know what a "gable end" is and for those of
you that commented you are right there are none :-( in my building.  But at
least I know what they are now...

http://www.m-w.com/mw/art/gable.htm

In lugnet.castle, Pawel Nazarewicz writes:
Here is the URL to see the Inn:
http://www.nelug.org/members/kingsley/castle/inn/

My, o my ... that is one awesome creation.  Where to start?

1)  The use of the horse covers fits so nicely into the colors of the Inn.
2)  The courtyard - an awesome shot (bird's eye)

I really like the courtyard.  Courtyards are one of my favorite architectural
features of buildings.  From a LEGO scale they are difficult to photograph
though so I am glad you liked the pictures.

3)  The church in the background is very promising (as in ... more to come
from Eric later;)  This also means (correct me if I'm wrong here) that you
have plans on adding on to your city without taking much of it apart ...

You are correct in that I am trying to build as much for this scene as I can
without disassembling anything.  So far all the medieval structures from my
web-site are still intact.  Part of this is because NELUG is working on a
window display for a local LEGO dealer and part of it is just because I am
starting to love this theme and want to create as big a display as I can before
my wife makes me dismantal it.  Although I think the Inn will be one of the
last building to go.

4)  Your use of arches is very well thought out.

Thanks,  Actually my use of arches has to be well thought out because I just
don't have many gray arches.  Actually almost all of my gray arches are used
between the Church and the Inn so I will have to wait for my recent AucZilla
winnings before incorporating many more into my buildings.  I do have a few in
Black and DkGray so I might just have to come up with a new color scheme.
Either that or Bulls Attack has a fair number of Gray arches so if I can get it
on sale I might have to buy a couple.

So far this is very, very promising for a castle scene.  You are doing this
one right Eric!

Thanks Very Much,

Eric Kingsley

The New England LEGO Users Group