 Castle / 16724
Re: Nikon CoolPix 2100 Rating?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.publish.photography, lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 24 Apr 2003 12:20:19 GMT

"Aaron Muhl" <Aaron_Muhl@yahoo.com> wrote in message
"Aaron Muhl" <Aaron_Muhl@yahoo.com> wrote in message
I've finally decided to get with the 21st Century and purchase a digital
camera.  After doing quite a bit of reading at various sites, I think • I've
found the camera that will fit my needs.  I'm looking for a camera • around
$200.00 that has at least 3x optical zoom, minimum of 2MPIX, compact • flash
memory, superior image quality, red-eye correction, long battery life,
connects to my PC via USB, and is small!  I realize that I'm asking for • a
lot....

Anyway, the Nikon CoolPix 2100 seems to fit.  I've found it online for
$206.00 with a $10.00 delivery charge.  I'm planning on using it to • photo
Lego models of course, but I'd also like to use it for hiking and social
events as well.  Here is a link to the full specs of the camera:

http://electronics.cnet.com/electronics/0-6613935-1317-20856885.html?tag=dir

Does anyone own this camera?  If so, can you give me feedback on it's
functionality?  Nikon seems to be one of the brands of choice on this
newsgroup, and the 2100 features seem right.

Thanks for your feedback,

Here are some tips on looking for a digital camera:

Look for high optical zoom.  Digital zoom just magnifies the pixels, like
resize on any computer imaging program.
Get something that uses conventional batteries.  Recharges take too long.
Make sure it uses a popular Data storage device, like Memory Stick.  Floppy
disk is not too popular.
LCD display and USB connection are good things to look for.
Get a widely known brand, like Nikon, Sony, etc.
3 megapixels is a good standard to set on quality.
Get it from a physical store like Best Buy.  Online stores can't let you
inspect a camera hands-on.

--
Markham Carroll

BoogaTech Ships & Construction: