 Castle / 16133
Re: The Village of Dahyart
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 27 Feb 2003 02:10:32 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Leonard Hoffman writes:
Hey Anthony,
What an interesting backstory!  I love stories that incorporate generational
changes (how Tower of Olyian -> Greylen's Tower), and how subtle things can
really change the lives of many people (like all the villagers of Dahyart).

Thanks much.  I had almost given up on the idea of building a village, leaving
the tower by itself, but I'm glad I followed through.

I also love seeing village mocs.  I think they are my favorite of all castle
creations.  Your cities are always so interesting to look at.

Not as interesting as they could be...  Since I only create MOCs for my
stories, what could be really complex MOCs turn out to be less than their
potential, since my true MOC is the story they play a part in.

my only criticism is that the houses seem to look similiar.  I imagine that a
medieval village would be more of a hod-podge of different houses.

Well, lack of parts dictated my houses would be very similar.  I explain it
away as that the houses were all built at the same time, since the village
moved itself.

Thanks for sharing!  I'm really starting to get excited about Chaos Skies!
_lenny

Thanks much!  I aim to please.

--Anthony