 Castle / 15858
Re: African American Lego Mini-Figs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 3 Feb 2003 08:19:42 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Nathan Schroeder writes:
In lugnet.castle, Jay Rodarte writes:
Hello All! I have a question about the new African American Lego Mini-figs.
Is Lego going to start making African American Mini-figs? I thought that was
a kewl idea, although all of them are men and they have scary faces. But I
think that it's about time that Lego acknowledges the African American
Community with Mini-figs. I mean, come on!
To answer your question (even though .castle is a little out of the way to
talk about it), they are making African-American mini-figs.  However, you
may also want to note that this is the first time Lego has made Caucasian
mini-figs as well.  Up until this point, they have been a nice neutral yellow.
Yes, minifigs is neutral yellow, but DUPLO figs have been African and
Caucasian for decades - pre-school children can have race-figures, but older
children must settle with neutral figs?!??
Arne, Copenhagen