 Castle / 15847
Re: African American Lego Mini-Figs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 3 Feb 2003 00:59:45 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Jay Rodarte writes:
Hello All! I have a question about the new African American Lego Mini-figs.
Is Lego going to start making African American Mini-figs? I thought that was
a kewl idea, although all of them are men and they have scary faces. But I
think that it's about time that Lego acknowledges the African American
Community with Mini-figs. I mean, come on!

Jay

To answer your question (even though .castle is a little out of the way to
talk about it), they are making African-American mini-figs.  However, you
may also want to note that this is the first time Lego has made Caucasian
mini-figs as well.  Up until this point, they have been a nice neutral yellow.

(BTW, I responded to this question in .castle so that the original poster
would be able to find his answers.  Seems he's a little new.  Maybe move
future discussion to .build/minifigs?)

In lugnet.castle, Nathan Schroeder writes:
[...]

Yellow does not = caucasian. The Native-Americans of the Wild West series,
the Japanese of the Ninja Castle subtheme, the Indians, Chinese and Tibetans
of the Adventurers Orient series aren't exactly caucasian either.

I think they differenciated the races by using facial features rather than
color. Like the eyes for the Japanese, noses for the Native Americans as
well as the new "African-looking" yellow figs with their larger lips.

Re: African American Lego Mini-Figs
In lugnet.castle, Nathan Schroeder writes:
In lugnet.castle, Jay Rodarte writes:
Hello All! I have a question about the new African American Lego Mini-figs.
Is Lego going to start making African American Mini-figs? I thought that was
a kewl idea, although all of them are men and they have scary faces. But I
think that it's about time that Lego acknowledges the African American
Community with Mini-figs. I mean, come on!
To answer your question (even though .castle is a little out of the way to
talk about it), they are making African-American mini-figs.  However, you
may also want to note that this is the first time Lego has made Caucasian
mini-figs as well.  Up until this point, they have been a nice neutral yellow.
Yes, minifigs is neutral yellow, but DUPLO figs have been African and
Caucasian for decades - pre-school children can have race-figures, but older
children must settle with neutral figs?!??
Arne, Copenhagen

Re: African American Lego Mini-Figs