 Castle / 14744
Re: Inspiration (was: Re: Loyal to .castle? [ROLL CALL])
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sat, 19 Oct 2002 14:08:12 GMT

What is it that has attracted our interest in the Castle theme in the first
place?

This is something we might benefit from understanding if we are to generate
new excitement here.  Are we here because we have in interest in history?
In medieval fantasy?  In medieval role-playing?  Strategy gaming?
Storytelling?  Architecture?  etc....  What is it that inspires our interest
in this theme?

         Storytelling (my own when I start) and History. Also repeated trips
to Bodium castle when I was a little kid in England. One of the few castles
that you can climb all over and use the battlements, even if it is a little
small.
       I think you're on the right track here...

         God Bless,

            Nathan
I for one become highly interested in discussion in this group when they
focus on topics of history.  But I am not adverse to discussing gaming or
enjoying the pics of the latest Giant Castle of Antioch or whatever.  But
that is me.  What about you?

I think if we better grasp what is bringing us together here, then we can
move on to brainstorm group projects or building fads like the other groups
have.

What do you think?
-Hendo