 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 763
Re: 2x4 Brick Renders
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Mon, 19 Mar 2001 17:10:09 GMT

Steve Bliss wrote:

Wow!  Very cool. :)

One detail you did leave out, although I haven't measure its size, is the
rounded edges of the bricks (studs should be even more rounded than the
rest of the brick).  It's a pain to add, but it would add a lot to the
rendering.

Steve

Yeah, I left out the rounded edges, the very shallow 90 degree cut-out
on bottom of the inside wall, some horizontal raised ridges on the
inside wall, and the four convex bulges on the inside walls of the
tubes. The latter three were merely left out because they were
insignificant IMO, but the rounded edges were left out because they
would massively complicate the model (at least in Bryce). Additionally,
the font I used for the logo on the studs isn't exactly identical to an
actual LEGO brick. I've contemplated modeling an ultra-detailed version
in the future that is completely true to an actual LEGO brick, mold
numbers and all.

--

Regards

Micah J. Mabelitini - LUGNET #918
The University of Kentucky
SECC Middlesboro Academic Skills Resource Center
accutron@kih.net - http://www.users.kih.net/~micahx/