 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 756
Re: 2x4 Brick Renders
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 19 Mar 2001 04:53:24 GMT

Cool, the iBloc image is now the back ground on my mac.

Gary

Micah J. Mabelitini <micahx@kih.net> wrote in message
I recently rendered a few scenes of the 2x4 brick in Bryce 4. The brick
model is original and accurately proportioned. Although I did leave out
a few miniscule details of the modern 2x4 brick, nothing larger than
.1mm was omitted. The bricks in all of the scenes are rendered
translucently to reveal more detail of the model. You can view the
scenes at:

http://www.users.kih.net/~micahx/one.jpg
http://www.users.kih.net/~micahx/two.jpg
http://www.users.kih.net/~micahx/iblocs.jpg

The images are all 1024x768 pixels, and range from about 70-100K in size.

LMKWYT

--

Regards

Micah J. Mabelitini - LUGNET #918
The University of Kentucky
SECC Middlesboro Academic Skills Resource Center
accutron@kih.net - http://www.users.kih.net/~micahx/

[...]

VERY cool.  I don't suppose you'd consider redoing them with a black
background?  ;-)

It would take a bit of work choosing the right colors to still have all the
details, but I HATE white backgrounds on my desktop ;-)

"Micah J. Mabelitini" wrote:

[...]

Tom Stangl
***http://www.vfaq.com/
***DSM Visual FAQ home
***http://ba.dsm.org/
***SF Bay Area DSMs

Re: 2x4 Brick Renders
VERY cool.  I don't suppose you'd consider redoing them with a black
background?  ;-)

Sure, no problem. I'll have to mess with it some though, since all of
the luminousity comes from the white background.

--

Regards

Micah J. Mabelitini - LUGNET #918
The University of Kentucky
SECC Middlesboro Academic Skills Resource Center
accutron@kih.net - http://www.users.kih.net/~micahx/

Re: 2x4 Brick Renders
I recently rendered a few scenes of the 2x4 brick in Bryce 4. The brick
model is original and accurately proportioned. Although I did leave out
a few miniscule details of the modern 2x4 brick, nothing larger than
.1mm was omitted. The bricks in all of the scenes are rendered
translucently to reveal more detail of the model. You can view the
scenes at:

http://www.users.kih.net/~micahx/one.jpg
http://www.users.kih.net/~micahx/two.jpg
http://www.users.kih.net/~micahx/iblocs.jpg

The images are all 1024x768 pixels, and range from about 70-100K in size.

LMKWYT

I think that what you have done is just plain jaw-dropping *cool*, Micah!
You folks who render LEGO in CAD are doing the neatest things!  I am so not
computer-savvy and am greatly impressed with the images which can be
generated.  Although there is probably no hope for me (old dog, new tricks
thing), I hope my son can explore some of this world:-)

Thanks for posting!

-John