 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 2758
Re: Light is too bright!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Sun, 25 Mar 2007 10:07:02 GMT

Tore Eriksson wrote:

Is there a way to make the red tail-lights shine a little less
brightly?
http://web.telia.com/~u66203131/LDA/@spf5050.jpg

The easiest way to fix that is to modify the light sources in the .pov code.
They should probably be less bright, you can multiply the whole RGB triple
by a constant less than 1:

... 0.4 * <r, g, b>

It would also help changing the 'fade_distance' and 'fade_power' to make
them not shine so far.

Or you could change them to 'spotlight' and adjust the 'falloff' value
instead. I think that's what I would do.

--
Anders Isaksson, Sweden
BlockCAD:  http://web.telia.com/~u16122508/proglego.htm