 CAD / LDD / 183
Re: New Tutorial - LDD->LDraw and LDraw->LDD conversion
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ldd
Date:
Tue, 29 Jan 2008 17:57:30 GMT

In lugnet.cad.ldd, Travis Cobbs wrote:
In lugnet.cad.ldd, Steve Bliss wrote:
Finally, the "Lookup" box on the PT is more powerful than it seems.  It will
search on file numbers, part titles, and (if no unofficial match is found), it
will attempt to cross-reference the search term with official parts.

It doesn't do that when I type stuff into the Lookup box on the PT.  A search
for whip only returns one match, when the official library has 4 files with whip
in the title or keywords.  The match that is found has whip in the keywords.

I believe that's because searching for "whip" returns a match from the
unofficial parts.  Since an unofficial match is made, the lookup doesn't go on
to examine the official parts.

The Lookup was intended as a tool to assist PT users.  So it's primarily focused
on searching the unofficial parts.  The cross-reference to the official parts is
intended as a help in the case where the primary search has failed.

Steve